- 1.5 cups of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 cups raw buckwheat groats (sprouted and dried)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp powdered vanilla or extract
- 1 cup of raisins or mini chocolate chips (if you want to go against the grain)
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 16 ounces (1 jar) of Raw Almond Butter
- 1 cup of brown rice syrup
- 2 Cups of dates (remove the pits and stems)
- 2 cups of chopped dried figs
- put dry ingredients in a bowl: coconut, buckwheat groats, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and mix with hands to incorporate.
- In a food processor: almond butter, dates, brown rice syrup until the dates are mixed and chopped … or until the food processor slows down!!! My really good one slowed down so I took it out and made sure the dates were broken up.
- Incorporate the above ingredients from the food processor with the dates until mixed. Use your hands.. have fun!
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients… Be patient… Sing a song, breathe deeply.. This really is a work out for the forearms and fingers. Mix till it isn’t sticky. Add more coconut or almond butter if too dry (Almond butter) or sticky (coconut)
- Line a pan with wax or parchment paper. I used a 8 by 10? pan…
- press the mixture into the pan until even. Sprinkle with more coconut .
- 7. Chill for a few hours until firm. Cut into small bite size squares! YUMMO
- Be creative… add dried cherries, cacao nibs, sesame seeds….
This was very labor intensive and SO worth it…
Inspired by many, created by Julie approved by Wrinkles (my pug)